Saturday, January 9, 2010

On Prayer.

"Why are you sleeping?" he asked. "Get up and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you." Luke 22:46.

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3.

My church is in a season of prayer right now. 31 days of it to be exact. 3 prayer meetings a day, for 31 days. I'm doing my best to make it out to every one that I can. Setting aside the time to seek Him and His will for my life. It's awesome to do that at a beginning of the new year. A fresh start. I'm thankful for a God whose mercies are new each morning.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool, my church is talking about prayer this month too :) I don't know if we're doing extra prayer times or not, I haven't been there yet this year since I was home for Christmas. I'll be there in about 9 hours though!

    ReplyDelete