Monday, November 23, 2009

Cling To Him.

Reading through Deuteronomy as of late in the mornings. Just loving it. I'm so thankful for a God who wrote words for me to read, thousands of years ago, TODAY. Woah. I read Deut 27 - 30 this morning, and... you should probably pick up your Bible and do the same.

"Choose life... that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him for He is your life and the length of your days, and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers." - Deut 30:29

I want to make that personal.

"I WILL choose life... that I may love the Lord my God, that I may obey His voice, and that I may cling to Him for He is MY life and the length of MY days, and that I may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to MY fathers."

CLING.
to him.

Cling: to be in close contact with, stick or hold together, to resist separation.

I Resist the fact that I'm too busy to read my bible. I Resist the fact that my mind wanders a lot when I pray. I Resist the fact that often I sooo badly want my will for my life and not His. Instead, I Cling to His refreshing presence. I Cling to His available Word. I Cling to His incredible promises. I Cling to His life.

2 comments:

  1. ah, deuteronomy.. that comes after numbers which means that after i finish reading numbers, i will get to read this. i cannot wait. i know that mr. D here has some GOOOD Good stuff awaiting. hmm, i somehow think we should hang out more. yep.

    -l

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog googling a few words from that verse, I have been trying to find where it was found.
    This was so incredibly beautiful to read. I love how you personalised it!
    And I love how you described cling: resist separation.
    Thank you so much for sharing this :)
    <3 JJ

    ReplyDelete