Saturday, March 7, 2009

Isaiah 58

They seek Me daily,
And delight to know My ways,
As a nation that did righteousness,
And did not forsake the ordinance of their God.
They ask of me the ordinances of justice;
They take delight in approaching God.
- Isaiah 58:2

Isaiah is one of my favourite books. I always find myself coming back to it, again and again. A couple of weeks ago I was reading Isaiah 58 and found a whole bunch of cool promises from God.

Paraphrasing Isaiah 58:7-12
If we feed the hungry and clothe the naked then: (7)
- our "light shall break forth like the morning" (8)
- our "healing shall spring forth" (8)
- righteousness "shall go before" me (8)
- "the glory of the Lord" will be my rear guard (8)
- when we call, He'll answer (9)
- our light shall "dawn in the darkness" (10)
- the "Lord will guide [us] continually" satisfying our soul, sterngthing our bones (11)
- we will "raise up the foundations of many generations" (12)

I love that. I find I do this a lot in my journaling; I'll find a passage, and while I'm reading it I can just picture it as point-form notes and I always find it easier to break it down this way!

3 comments:

  1. A good word honey bunch. These are just some of the promises from our Amazing God. Prompts me to get that cheque off to the Union Gospel mission for their upcoming Easter Dinner. Love you lots and love how you're putting Him first in everything. That was always my hearts desire for both you and Brandon and I love watching my hearts desire being fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my notes like this too. These are some beautiful promises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that before too! You have a very good blog!! blessings~

    ReplyDelete