Monday, February 9, 2009

Waiting

It's been a while since I posted and I was just going over my prayer journal looking at a few of the verses I wrote down on three consecutive days in January. I didn't even realize it until this morning but they all have to do with waiting and patience while we wait and pray for God to move!

Isaiah 26:8-9
"O Lord, we have waited for you: The desire of our soul is for Your name, and for the remembrance of You. With my soul I have desired You in the night. Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek you early."

Psalm 25:21
"Let integrity and righteousness preserve me, for I wait for You."

Ecclesiastes 7:8
"The end of a thing is better than its beginning. The patient in spirit are better than the proud in spirit."

Learning to wait on God.
waiting for answers to prayer, 
waiting for new business opportunities,
waiting for deeper friendships,
waiting for more opportunities to reach out,
waiting to witness miracles,
waiting to see what He has planned.

I was thinking about what it means to "wait" on the Lord and a few things came to mind:
- to sit in His presence without hurrying or rushing.
- to pray wholeheartedly without worrying or anxiousness.
- to trust in His good plan.
- to minister to those around us who are waiting (at the same figurative bus stop?) as well.

Have a wonderful week!
J.

1 comment:

  1. It's not easy to wait on the Lord... it is definitely a discipline that needs to be worked on from the day you come to know Him as your Saviour, until the day you go to meet Him in Glory! Our world tells us to hurry, hurry, hurry - emails, phone calls, text messages all begging for immediate responses - leaving us more than slightly confused when we feel that God isn't "replying" instantly...
    I really liked this blog because I've been terrible at this... patiently seeking after God's will. WAITING for His timing.

    ReplyDelete