Monday, January 26, 2009

Wondrous Things

Two mornings ago, I was reading Psalm 72: 17-19. Check it out.

"His name shall endure forever,
His name shall continue as long as the sun.
And men shall be blessed in Him.
All nations shall call Him blessed.

Blessed be the Lord God,
the God of Israel,
who only does wondrous things!
And blessed be His glorious name forever!
And let the whole earth
be filled with His glory.
Amen and amen."

The phrases "wondrous things" jumped off the page and into my journal. ;) Not only does God do wondrous things, even better than that is, he only does wondrous things. How amazing that the God we have the opportunity to come to, and to lay down our lives daily before, is a God of only miracles. God is not in the business of blessings that are...kinda good, kinda positive, will kinda make this day better. Wondrous is remarkably extraordinary. I want that.

Our God is able.
Our God is miraculous.
Our God is good.
Our God gives life.
Our God releases.
Our God only does Wondrous Things.

Take the promise from His Word and come to Him expecting to receive. He loves it.

1 comment:

  1. Great verse, Jamie!

    I thought I would comment again with your suggestion on the email thing. I didn't even know you could do that!! Heehee.

    I love the Psalms. They have always been a favorite for me. I just love how we can apply each verse to our lives no matter what we're going through. My favorites so far are, Psalm 91 (this one has been a huge help in the department of fear for me, which I struggled with as a young girl) and my newest favorite Psalm 16 (This one has brought me through some crazy times and brought peace and life to my day).

    Whoops, I got a little carried away again! Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete